Announcements & Updates
4/22/15. DO NOT leave sticks on field during weather delay.
* All equipment should be removed from field during a weather delay. Tell coaches and captains during pregame, that players are to take their equipment with them to safe place, if game is delayed by weather. Officials should note where ball is, player with ball, if penalty setup, etc. Does not matter where players were behind restraining line or where they setup when play is resumed-no advantage for either team. Use honor system to trust girls to go to nearest spot when play resumes for those below restraining line. If coach objects-its safest way to resume play. This is not in rule book.
4/15/15. Middle School and 5/6th grade A Level Game Procedures:
* 25 Min running clock halves.
* Clock stops in the last 2 min of each half, and at timeouts.
* NO PASSING RULE (except after a free position in stead of a draw when USL requires one pass).
* Modified checking.
4/2/15. OVERTIME RULES-
* We use OVERTIME RULES that are different than what is listed in the US
Lacrosse Rule Book. The only level that plays overtime is Varsity. All
other level games can end in a tie.
* Varsity will play one sudden victory, 3 minute overtime. If
the game is still tied at the end of 3 minutes it will end in a tie.
* (See further explanation on High School page)
If you are interested in officiating, please submit this form.
Keep it fair. Keep it safe. Keep it fun!
Anne Murphy: President
Sean Murphy: Secretary
John Hunt: Membership & Ratings
Lissa Fickert: Rules Interpretation
Al Brauer: Mentorship
High School: Pat Dunn
Middle School: Bill Strietmann
Youth: Stacey Morton
Jan 22-24, 2016
US Lacrosse National Convention
Feb 6, 2016
SOWLUA Rules Interpretation
March 7, 2016
Youth & Middle School Ratings
March 12, 2016
For directions to manage your game in Arbiter, click here for a presentation.
Copyright © Southern Ohio Women Lacrosse Umpire Association. All rights reserved.